My publications are available at https://ssrn.com/author=1031367.
Deconstructing ‘Decentralization’: Exploring the Core Claim of Crypto Systems, in Crypto Assets: Legal and Monetary Perspectives (forthcoming 2019, Oxford University Press).
Contributor to Michel Rauchs et. all, Distributed Ledger Technology Systems: A Conceptual Framework, Report from the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, August 2018.
In Code(rs) We Trust: Software Developers as Fiduciaries in Public Blockchains in Regulating Blockchain. Techno-Social and Legal Challenges, (eds Philipp Hacker, Ioannis Lianos, Georgios Dimitropoulos & Stefan Eich), Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2019.
The Path of the Blockchain Lexicon (and the Law), 36 Rev. Banking & Fin. L. 713 (2017) (Symposium edition, solicited contribution).
Open Source Operational Risk: Should Public Blockchains Serve as Financial Market Infrastructures? in Handbook of Blockchain, Digital Finance, and Inclusion, Vol. 2 (Elsevier, David Lee Kuo Chuen and Robert Deng, eds., 2017) (solicited contribution).
The Bitcoin Blockchain as Financial Market Infrastructure: A Consideration of Operational Risk, 18 New York University Journal of Legislation & Public Policy 837 (2015).
- Notable Citations:
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority, White Paper 2.0 on Distributed Ledger Technology, October 25, 2017.
- Financial Stability Board, Financial Stability Implications from FinTech, June 27, 2017.
- Briefing to European Parliament on Distributed Ledger Technology and Financial Markets, November 2016.
- Quoted in Financial Times (FT Alphaville), How I Learned to Stop Blockchain Obsessing and Love the Barry Manilow, Izabella Kaminska, August 10, 2016.
Communication Problems & Systemic Risk: How Imprecise Language Could Taint System-Wide Decisions on Blockchain Technology (in progress).
- Winner of Call for Papers by Section on Financial Institutions & Consumer Financial Services for the 2017 Association of American Law Schools Annual Faculty Conference.
Resilient Money? Digital Currency & Operational Risk (in progress).
Systemic Resilience & Chartalist Theories of Money (in progress).