My publications are available at https://ssrn.com/author=1031367.
Contributor to Michel Rauchs et. all, Distributed Ledger Technology Systems: A Conceptual Framework, Report from the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance, August 2018.
In Code(rs) We Trust: Software Developers as Fiduciaries in Public Blockchains in The Blockchain Revolution: Legal and Policy Challenges (eds. Giorgios Dimitropoulos, Stefan Eich, Philipp Hacker, Ioannis Lianos) (forthcoming 2018, Oxford University Press).
The Path of the Blockchain Lexicon (and the Law), 36 Rev. Banking & Fin. L. 713 (2017) (Symposium edition, solicited contribution).
- Listed on SSRN’s Top 10 Recent Downloads list in 19 categories: ISN Subject Matter eJournals; Information Systems & eBusiness Network; Corporate Law: Corporate & Financial Law: Interdisciplinary Approaches; Corporate Law: Law & Finance; Development of Innovation; Economic & Social Impacts of Innovation; IRPN: Innovation Processes; ISN: Emerging Legal Issues; LSN: Law & Finance: Theoretical; Risk Management & Analysis in Financial Institutions; Risk, Regulation, & Policy; Young Scholars Law; Environment for Innovation; IRPN: Governance; IRPN: Innovation Policy Studies; Corporate, Securities & Finance Law; Legal Perspectives in Information Systems; Regulation of Financial Institutions; Innovation Areas.
Open Source Operational Risk: Should Public Blockchains Serve as Financial Market Infrastructures? in Handbook of Blockchain, Digital Finance, and Inclusion, Vol. 2 (Elsevier, David Lee Kuo Chuen and Robert Deng, eds., 2017) (solicited contribution).
- Listed on SSRN’s Top 10 Recent Downloads list in 19 categories: Banking & Financial Institutions; Corporate Law: Corporate & Financial Law: Interdisciplinary Approaches; Corporate Law: Law & Finance; Cyberspace Law; ERN: Other Econometrics: Computer Programs & Software; ERN: Technology; Econometrics: Computer Programs & Software; IO: Productivity, Innovation & Technology; LSN: Law & Finance: Theoretical; Regulation of Financial Institutions; Regulation of Financial Institutions; Risk Management & Analysis in Financial Institutions; Risk Management; Risk, Regulation, & Policy; Corporate, Securities & Finance Law; ISN Subject Matter; Information Systems & Economics; Industrial Organization and Regulation; and Information Systems & eBusiness.
The Bitcoin Blockchain as Financial Market Infrastructure: A Consideration of Operational Risk, 18 New York University Journal of Legislation & Public Policy 837 (2015).
- Listed on SSRN’s Top 10 Recent Downloads list in 11 categories: Cyberspace Law; International Finance; Risk, Regulation, & Policy; Regulation of Financial Institutions; Corporate, Securities & Finance Law; Corporate Law: Law & Finance; Corporate Law: Law & Finance: Interdisciplinary Approaches; Law & Finance: Theoretical; Information Technology & Systems; and Law, Policy, Economics of Technical Standards.
- Notable Citations:
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority, White Paper 2.0 on Distributed Ledger Technology, October 25, 2017.
- Financial Stability Board, Financial Stability Implications from FinTech, June 27, 2017.
- Briefing to European Parliament on Distributed Ledger Technology and Financial Markets, November 2016.
- Blockchain for Record Keeping: Help or Hype?, Report sponsored by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, Principal Investigator Victoria Lemieux, October 2016.
- Quoted in Financial Times (FT Alphaville), How I Learned to Stop Blockchain Obsessing and Love the Barry Manilow, Izabella Kaminska, August 10, 2016.
- Featured in Bitcoin Magazine and on Nasdaq.com, Mar. 29, 2016.
- Featured on Business Law Prof Blog, Feb. 22, 2016.
- Mentioned on International Financial Law Prof Blog, 8, 2015.
The Fiduciaries of Public Blockchains (in progress).
Communication Problems & Systemic Risk: How Imprecise Language Could Taint System-Wide Decisions on Blockchain Technology (in progress).
- Winner of Call for Papers by Section on Financial Institutions & Consumer Financial Services for the 2017 Association of American Law Schools Annual Faculty Conference.
Quantifying Governance Risk in Public Blockchains (in progress).
Resilient Money? Digital Currency & Operational Risk (in progress).
Systemic Resilience & Chartalist Theories of Money (in progress).
Coders as Fiduciaries (in progress).